It’s great you are going to the christening of a child you know. Whether you’ve been to church before or not you will be very welcome. Read on to find out a few things that might be helpful.
Whether you’ve been to a christening before or not , here are some practical tips to help make sure it’s really special day for everyone.
- Find out more about the service and look at the step by step guide to see what will happen. There will be parts for you to join in with on the day.
- Talk with the friends who have invited you to the christening. You could ask them why they are having their child christened and what it means to them.
- Why not light a candle on this website as a prayer, now or after the service?
- People usually wear something smart to the service because it’s a special occasion, but there’s no need to dress up specially for church.
- Being there to support the family who has invited you is the most important thing. Someone at the church will show you where to sit and the person leading the service will help everyone know what to do.
- If you would like to take a christening gift, see our page on great christening gift ideas.
Lighting a candle is a great way to pray for a child who has been, or will be, christened. Lighting a candle is a great way to do that, either here or in a church.
Discover exactly what will happen during a christening service with our unique step-by-step guide. The guide takes you from the moment of welcome at the beginning through all the different things that happen.